Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Anniversaries

It's close to the midnight hour, Renzo was born almost a year to date. A while back someone told me that "Anniversaries" would be difficult. I really didn't know what that meant at the moment, but there have been many an anniversary since Renzo passed on.

The date of his birth is absolutely an Anniversary of sorts. Whether I know it or not, deep inside an obvious pain of what should have been surfaces even more. This time last year my husand and I were at the hospital, this time last year my family was embarking on a very happy moment, Renzo was so loved and so wanted in my world, in our world.

As it goes, I had visions of his first Birthday party. It is definitely the opinion of some, including myself, that the first Birthday is almost a celebration for the family. A milestone, that first year of life, the first year of birth is one to be celebrated. Afterall, so much happens in that first year. The brain continues to develop at a rapid place, the body does the same. There's the first tooth, the first rollover, the first crawl, the first solid food, the smiles, the sound of laughter, and most of all, the innocent and beautiful - most anticipated- "Mama" and "Dada".

SIDS Babies never have that chance

My heart hurts so badly. What it is going to take to call attention to this matter? Babies are human beings, not just an extension of our egos. They matter too, along with all living life. Where does the thriving end? How does their will to survive just disappear? Who will be their voice?

I hope my cries never go unheard.


We love you Rencito.


Take a good look at my face, you'll see my smile looks out of place, if you look closer it's easy to trace the tracks of my tears.....