Saturday, December 15, 2018

The "D" Word

I've never liked the "D" word. Not only is the connotation negative in general, there's such a finality to it. "Death" - striking, isn't it?

One might think that I am uncomfortable with it because I don't accept and/or want to believe that Lorenzo has departed. That's a fair assessment, but not the case for me.

As often as I can, I say Lorenzo has "passed on" instead. Afterall, I am a believer, and have always been a believer, life is everlasting. It may not be in the form that I prefer it, but nonetheless it remains in spirit. And when I say "spirit", I don't mean like the cheerleading "rah-rah" type, I mean actual "living spirit of the soul" ~

On the eve of the 2nd year of his passing, I am saddened, of course. Memories of the day he passed on seem like just yesterday, minus the cutting pain. The very moment is surreal. Yet, sometimes I can literally feel the season ('04) in the air, almost like a deja-vu.