Thursday, March 26, 2015

Earth Angels

Earlier this year I had the absolute pleasure of meeting the first responder who arrived at 'the scene' and attempted to revive my son. More than anything, it was important for me to thank him for his efforts. I also wanted to let him know, if he wondered, that I was fine. At the time of the incident he was in training as an EMT and "just happened" to be next door working on a home next to the residential "daycare" my son was at. What are the chances of that? Off and on I thought about him for years and imagined what it was like for him that day...

Our lives, for whatever reason, intersected that very day. Being able to connect with him was surreal, but felt oh-so-good, as he was exactly as I imagined. Our exchange of dialogue was heartfelt. I am so appreciative to have had the opportunity to meet him. We can now go our separate ways and know, that despite one of the most profound days of our lives, life continues and life is good.

Peace, Love, Light...